How to develop a #safeguarding culture?
The $64,000 question is how to develop a #safeguarding culture? Well, there are many ways to do it. This blog examines how we have worked with employees to overcome the ‘English Man’s Home is his Castle’ apathy, and have challenged the view that “I have no right or obligation to interfere with what’s going on behind closed doors”. We at PDP want to galvanise your company and employeees to develop a culture of appropriate vigilance and referrals.
Remember the best training ALWAYS follows a good consultation process!
What we offer? A typical Training event.
1. Hearts and minds, convincing and influencing your teams that they have a duty and that it’s not an onerous one. (Click to see our previous Blog)
2. When do colleagues come across children in their work place? Practical session to explore the reality of exposure to children at work for YOUR business.
3. Baby P and the fallout from his tragic death. The mismanagement of Risk and the consequences for children, business and employees. Implications in YOUR world.
4. Children’s homes to Family and back again? How children have been treated by the state in our lifetimes.
5. Development of safeguarding from Cleveland to present – A whistle stop tour through the major bits of legislation and some factors that contributed to their existence.
6. Major bits of Law that we need to be aware of so that YOU can make a difference.
7. The lexicon of Safeguarding. The importance of getting the language right, of being seen to be using appropriate terminology. Moving YOUR culture forward by using the right lexicon.
8. Concept of CRB (now replaced with DBS) – Bichard inquiry into the Soham Murders. How this came about, the effect of CRB and the latest incarnation.
9. The umbrella of the state and the role of Local Safeguarding Children’s boards. Who should be there for children, what does a LSCB do? How does YOUR business fit into the umbrella.
10. The continuum of need, regular swift interventions before protection. The process and principles of swift interventions.
11. How we might begin to categorise the things we see. With supporting data from the NSPCC
12. Hearing my internal voices, what can, and must I do, when I feel really uncomfortable?
13. How does my personal baggage effect decision making? How do GOOD people walk past safeguarding issues?
14. Making clear effective referrals
15. Who to refer to and how to do it, using YOUR business’ policy and procedures.
16. Case Studies from real life examples in YOUR business sector.
17.Bringing your concerns under the umbrella, bringing the day to life, next steps – Plenary session.
Like to find out more, get a feel for our style? Give us call.
Contact Richard or Paula to let them help YOU on 08712 349 873
Like us on Facebook